Try this low GL version on for size – it’s delicious and good for you.
2 medium onions, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 medium carrots cut into small cubes
1 x 410g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
6 cups of water
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano. If you have fresh, that’s even better. 2-3 stalks should be sufficient.
4 tsp reduced salt vegetable bouillon powder
2 tsp Olive Oil
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes until it starts to soften (add two tbsp of water if too dry).
2. Add the crushed garlic and stir into onion
3. Add chopped tomatoes
4. Pour the water into the pan and bring to the boil
5. Add carrots and kidney beans and stir well
6. As soon as the water starts to boil, add pepper, oregano and bouillon powder
7. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until cooked.
Server warm with rye bread
Sent in by Naturopath and Zest4life coach for nutrition and weight loss Orit Norfolk.
Please feel free to share this recipe on your blog however the author must be given the attribution.